The winter clothes have been packed away and the summer holiday has been booked which can only mean one thing.. it time for me get beach ready.
So, I have decided to embark on a little health kick by making some very small and simple changes, without losing any of the great flavours and still being satisfied with end result.
Dave was a little skeptical of my new crusade, however I think even he would agree that my homemade turkey burgers are a winner!
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- 1 onion,finely chopped
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp low fat Greek yogurt
- mixed salad leafs
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 seeded or wholemeal rolls
- Preheat 180C fan oven 200C conventional oven or gas mark 6 - then mix together parsley, lemon juice, 1 tbsp of parmesan with the Greek yogurt and set to one side.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to a pan and gently cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion has softened, set to one side to cool.
- In a bowl mix the turkey, parmesan, parsley, lemon zest, cooled onion & garlic and season.
- Shape into 4 burgers and put on a roasting tray - cook for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Then assemble your burgers with salad leafs slice of tomato and a spoon of the yogurt mixture.
- Sweet potato wedges.
- Note - If you are watching your carbs as well, just leave out the rolls.